Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fallin' For Fall

Day 3 of NaBloPoMo
Check out Kris over at My Sugar Bugs and Leighann over at D-Mom Blog!  They are also participating in NaBloPoMo  =)

Does anyone watch Nick Jr.? 
Let me re-phrase that…. Does anyone have KIDS that watch Nick Jr.?  =)
My kids are the type that don’t sit in front of the TV…. So, therefore we can keep the TV on all day long and they will just sort of drift in and out, pause to watch for a few minutes, then get interested in some other toy or activity and not watch for awhile.  Then the process repeats.  As such, we are able to pretty much just leave it on when we are home and it serves as background noise as much as anything else.
Well, the background noise can be penetrating to a parents brain, let me tell you!
The two hosts of Nick Jr. are these two animated characters called Moose and Zee.  Moose is – you guessed it!! – a moose.  And Zee is a little blue bird.  Really cute, actually.
Well, the reason I bring this all up is Moose sings this song this time of year that I have had running through my head for the last two days.  He sings about how he is “Fallin’ For Fall”.  Do you know it?  It’s a really sweet song – and they play it often enough that even the kids have started singing along when it comes on.
Well, I’m DEFINITELY “fallin’ for fall” this year!  =)
I don’t know why, but this year, more than any other, I am REALLY anticipating the fall and everything it brings with it.  I think maybe because this is the first year that I really feel settled into our family life.  Living in the desert we don't get a lot of the fall colors surrounding us that everyone else gets…. So last night I brought them into the house.  I took down all the Halloween decorations and put up Harvest decor.  I lit a pumpkin spice candle and set out spice scented potpourri.  When I was done I step back and surveyed.  And found myself singing…. “Oh, I think I’m fallin' for fall….”

6 comments:

  1. I can smell those fall spices now! And thanks for putting that jingle in my head!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the jingle...Bridget and Joe are a little older...but I.LOVE.FALL. Donna. It is beautiful here in Vermont...the leaves have changed and fallen. We are now leveling our backyard for the ice rink that we will put up for the winter. Lots of fun times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are knee deep in fall here in California. It is SO SO nice! Last week was the perfect fall week...this week high 70's, but fall will be back! And I can't get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY wish the weather was starting to feel like fall here! 90 degrees in November is killing me this year!

    I too, am ready for FALL. :-)

    And I love listening to Nick Jr in the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Fall here in the NW! Today is actually warm and the sky is blue so the trees look on fire with colors and leaves are swirling in the wind....and I am sipping a pumpkin spice latte to add o the ambiance. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great. Now I'll NEVER get this song out of my head!

    Lovin' Fall :)

    ReplyDelete