So... the last several days have been... well... a roller coaster. We have been Up, Down & All Around.
- I discovered a lump on my neck.
- Sugar Boys pump goofed out on us... and was not recording actions that it had performed.
- Sugar Daddy's car had its bumper kissed by a big ole truck at the gas station.
- The brakes went out on my van.
- I found out that said lump was not a problem... but that the nodule they found while investigating the lump needs to be biopsied.
- We were notified yesterday that Sugar Boy's school nurse had a mandatory meeting at the district offices today and so would not be at the school during the hours that Sugar Boy would be there.
Normally the kids are dropped off and picked up on Tuesdays by Grandma D, however since I had to go and run some errands for the biopsy that is coming up on Thursday, I decided to pick them up myself today... that way I could talk to Mrs A about how the day had gone as well.
When the Sugar Kids came out of their classroom they were all smiles. I basked for a few seconds in just how much they really do love school. Mrs A was not far behind them. She walked right up to me and smiled... then she blew me away! Off the top of her head she said, "I checked him at 2pm and he was 199. I left him alone since that was in the OK range you specified. We didn't play today so we had our snack right after. We had a birthday party today and he had an ice cream sandwich that had 24 carbs in it. He ate it all so I dosed him for the 24 carbs and the pump delivered 4 units. That was at 2:30, so his 2 hour check is right now." She said this while handing me his sugar box so I could do said check. How cool is THAT???
A very BIG victory today, my friends!